Information VAT Switzerland
- 8,1%VAT percentage high rate
- 3,8% and 2,6%VAT percentage reduced and low rate
Doing business in Switzerland: we will assist you with the Swiss VAT
Is your company based outside Switzerland and are you doing business in Switzerland, it is possible that you will have to deal with local taxable transactions and services in Switzerland.
Perhaps it is necessary to register for the VAT in Switzerland. A Swiss VAT number has to be applied for at the Swiss Tax Office. After registration for Swiss VAT, periodical VAT returns for the Swiss turnover have to be submitted.
InterVAT know all rules and legislation when you are trading in Switzerland. Outsourcing will save time and money, because you can focus on your core business, while we are taking care of the correct submission of the Swiss VAT returns in due time.
When it is necessary to apply for a Swiss VAT number?
Below you will find some examples:
- You buy goods in Switzerland and resell in Switzerland.
- You buy goods in Switzerland (with Swiss VAT) and delivers these goods to other countries.
- You import goods into Switzerland from abroad. Subsequently you sell the goods in Switzerland.
- You are organizing a conference, workshop, seminar or congress in Switzerland and you charge registration
- You bring over your own goods to Switzerland for sales in Switzerland.
- You sell and deliver a machine to your client in Switzerland. The machine is installed by a local subcontractor (installation delivery).
InterVAT will check if you have a tax liability in Switzerland, and when necessary take care of the VAT registration, fiscal representation, the submission of VAT returns and requests for refund of VAT paid (deductible turnover tax). It is compulsory to have a local fiscal representation. InterVAT offers this service.
Do you need a VAT registration number in Switzerland? Or do you need to submit periodical Switzerland VAT returns?Apply for a VAT registration number in Switzerland now!