Information VAT Spain
- 21%VAT percentage high rate
- 10% and 4%VAT percentage reduced and low rate
- Intrastat threshold in Spain:
- Arrivals € 400.000
- Dispatches € 400.000
Doing business in Spain: we will assist you with the Spanish VAT
Is your company not based in Spain however doing business in Spain, it is possible that you will have to deal with local taxable transactions and services in Spain.
You need a VAT registration in case of a VAT liability in Spain. After applying for a Spanish VAT number, periodical VAT returns for the Spanish turnover have to be submitted.
Our VAT experts from InterVAT know all rules and legislation when you are trading in Spain. Outsourcing will save time and money, because you can focus on your core business, while we are taking care of the correct submission of the Spanish VAT returns in due time.
When do I need a Spanish VAT number?
Below you will find some examples:
- You buy goods in Spain and you pay Spanish VAT. Subsequently you are reselling these goods in Spain to private persons.
- You are buying goods in Spain and paying Spanish VAT. You are delivering these goods hereafter to other countries inside or you export the goods outside the European Union.
- You are importing goods in Spain from a non-EU country (e.g. China or Turkey). And you are delivering these goods in Spain or in another EU country.
- You are organizing a conference, workshop, seminar or congress in Spain and you charge registration or a fee for admission.
- You are selling online products to private persons in Spain.
- You are selling via Amazon. And Amazon is asking for a VAT registration number. When you sell online products in several EU countries using the so called Pan-European FBA Programme, you will have to register directly for the VAT. The Amazon warehouses are so called Amazon fulfilment centres. FBA is an abbreviation for Fulfilment by Amazon.
- You are bringing your own goods over to or from Spain to or from another EU country. Transfer of own goods. In this case the delivery is a so called fictive EC sales or fictive EC acquisition.
We will check if you have a tax liability in Spain, and when necessary take care of the VAT registration there, the submission of VAT returns and requests for refund of VAT paid (deductible turnover tax).
Do you need a VAT registration number in Spain? Or do you need to submit periodical Spanish VAT returns?Apply for a VAT registration number or VAT return in Spain!